Building a Fence in Atlanta, GA Does Not Necessarily Require a Permit
District rules in Atlanta have certain restrictions regarding setting up building components. As long as your fencing structure does not exceed the length limits defined by the leading administration of Atlanta, you do not need to pull a permit.
It pays to have the right knowledge at hand. Do you need to get fencing work done in Atlanta? There are terms relevant to fences, hedges and walls that occupy the yards within the city of Atlanta. Here are some legal limits you need to pay attention to:
- In the dwelling districts R1-R5, fences cannot be higher than 4 feet in your front yard. For side and backyards, the fence should not be higher than 8 feet.
- In the residential district RG, front yard fences should not exceed the height of 4 feet, whereas the side and backyard fences should be maintained less than 8 feet.
- Regardless of the provisions in the first two points, if a fence is erected within 20 feet on a street intersection in Atlanta, the fences cannot exceed 2 ½ feet in height.
- For the yards in all other districts (other than ones mentioned above), fences can be erected and maintained with a maximum height limit of 9 feet.
These regulations are derived from the terms of Atlanta City’s Ordinance. If you want to learn more about the fence building limits, get in touch with your local community development department. Additionally, you can learn more about Atlanta Codes and Permits here.
Turn to Same Day Fence Company for Commercial & Residential Fencing
Our experts are committed to perfection when working on your fence.
The inclusivity of our services is unmatched. The prime reason why our services stand out amongst the rest is because we focus on variety. When you work with our experts, you get to choose from a range of high-quality materials.
What truly makes our fence company and professional contractors stand out is that we offer all-inclusive services, as well as an array of fencing styles made from a variety of materials.
- Chain link
Don’t settle for anything less that the most superior quality. With a complete skill-set and access to top manufacturers in the industry, out crew is highly experience in fencing installations.
Collaborate With Us to Gain Reliable Services in Durable Fencing
Looking for top fencing company in Atlanta, GA? We have you covered! Our skilled and cordial representatives will cater to all your concerns:
- Do you need a fence for a residential or commercial property?
- What area is the establishment located?
- What do you expect from your fence? Is it for security? Or is it purposed to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your property?
- What are your limits for investing in the fence’s construction?
- How long will it take before the fence in completed?
Once we have clear answers for each of these questions, we will proceed on to guiding you in choosing the perfect fence. As one of front-runners of the fencing industry in Atlanta, we are dedicated to employing industry-leading practices when constructing a sturdy and beautiful fence for you!
Flawless Services for Installation and After-Sales Support
You do not want any compromises on quality when it comes to investing in fencing, a service which in fact has a huge impact on the overall outlook of your property.
We respect that, which is why we ensure perfection in every last detail. We provide comprehensive services for fence repair and installation.
Come visit us, and browse through a range of exquisite fencing designs, pick out a high-quality material, and watch us work out magic. No matter what style, color or finish you select for your fence, we will deliver it!
About Atlanta City
The ninth-largest metropolitan city in the U.S., Atlanta was initially named “Marthasville” by Governor Wilson Lumpkin, whose daughter Martha was the inspiration for the title. The name was changed to “Atlantica-Pacifica” in 1845 by J. Edgar Thomson, chief engineer of Georgia Railroad. Soon afterwards, the name was shortened to simply “Atlanta”, which is how we know this attraction-rich city today.